[Slackbuilds-users] pixbuf - redundant?

Niels Horn niels.horn at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 12:31:07 UTC 2010

On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 9:53 AM,  <SlackBuilds at catcons.co.uk> wrote:
> Hello  :-)
>
> I mailed the pixbuf maintainer about this but got a 550.
>
> While exploring how to set an icon for rxvt-unicode, I discovered that
> pixbuf seems to be included in the standard Slackware 13.1 gtk+2-2.18.9
> package.  Here's the evidence:
>
> root at CW8:~# grep pixbuf \
> /var/log/packages/gtk+2-2.18.9-x86_64-1 | wc -l
> 104
>
> Does that mean the pixbuf SlackBuild is redundant or does it provide more
> functionality that the pixbuf in gtk+2?
>
> Best
>
> Charles

Hi,

There are many similarities, but the two versions are not equal and
install in different locations.
I honestly don't know about differences in functionality etc.

Anyway, in Slackware-current gdk-pixbuf has been officially added
(Nov.14) so when that becomes 13.2/14.0 we'll have to remove
gdk-pixbuf from SlackBuilds.org.

--
Niels