[Slackbuilds-users] A few questions/remarks

Serban Udrea serban.udrea at skmail.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Thu Feb 11 23:26:36 UTC 2010

Eugéne Suter wrote:
> On 31 January 2010 01:07, Serban Udrea
> <serban.udrea at skmail.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de> wrote:
>
> Hi, I'd be more than happy to work with you on an ATLAS build of BLAS
> and LAPACK, after all it is preferable to simply using the un-tuned
> reference implementations...

Hello!

And thank you for the positive answer. The SlackBuild for ATLAS is
actually ready(*) and I'm going to submit it. You can download the
LAPACK SlackBuild that I modified to take advantage of ATLAS from

http://www-linux.gsi.de/~udrea/lapack.tar.gz

take a look at it and maybe give it a try. There you can find also the
ATLAS SlackBuild which was recently tested by Aleksandar Samardzic (just
change lapack to atlas).

BTW, I don't think that we can put ATLAS and LAPACK in one SlackBuild
because the sources are on two different sites.

Best regards,

Serban Udrea

(*) As ready as software can be :-)