[Slackbuilds-users] the .info file

Leonardo sombriks at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 01:16:44 UTC 2010

ya don't fork, ;)

it's just and vague idea.

put it on .info file could keep the scripts completely sane (i am not
here to advocate things like "requiredbuilder", these things already
have a place for it) and being optional it never would bother
packagers who don't want us (ordinary users) to have a chance to blow
up our systems, ;)

it's also not dependency tracking, it's meta-dependency tracking.

see a package require others when using some slapt-get still makes me
track what it did on my system, the .info is just a way to site shows
what are called dependencies. And just if the packager (i.e. script
author) wants to put it visible on the site.

i know that some optional stud may evolve, but in the perfect scenary
it will be optional forever.