[Slackbuilds-users] vwm and 64bit paths

Pierre Cazenave pwcazenave at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 10:00:03 UTC 2010

I received a bug report for vwm about its inability to install its
plugin directory:

 > I noticed your vwm SlackBuild in the SBo repository and gave it a
try, but
 > it seems that vwm is hard-coded to look for plugins in /usr/lib/vwm.
Since
 > I'm running 64-bit the folder is in /usr/lib64/. Once I symlinked the
 > directory it worked fine.

I've tracked this down to a hardcoded path in vwm.h at line 26
(attached), and I've tried to pass the value to the macro through the
Makefile as a -D option:

-D_VWM_SHARED_MODULES=${moddir}, where moddir is composed of values
passed as options to make, but it hasn't worked.

Therefore, since I'm not a C programmer and my research into passing
values to macros through gcc and Makefiles hasn't worked, my thought is
that I can simply sed the appropriate line out of vwm.h by checking what
the value of $ARCH is.

Would this be an acceptable solution?

Pierre