[Slackbuilds-users] A few questions/remarks

Aleksandar Samardzic asamardzic at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 08:58:45 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 2:07 AM, Serban Udrea
<serban.udrea at skmail.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de> wrote:

> I wrote a slackbuild for compiling ATLAS 3.8.3, one of the tuned BLAS
> libraries, and would like to submit it. Nevertheless, I cannot, at the time
> beeing, test it on a 64-bit system. Thus, I think that it would be nice if
> someone could help with testing on such a machine, before I do the
> submission.

I'll be glad to help testing on 64-bit machine, please drop me a link
to your version of the SlackBuild.

> f) It would be nice if the slackbuilds for the following software would get
> upgraded for the last bug-fix releases:
>
>    [ ... ]
>
> numpy to 1.4.0
>
>   [ ... ]

I've bumped the version up, updated numpy SlackBuild is in pending
now.  On the other side - as mentioned in one of my previous posts
here, my short dive into using Python for numerical programming is
over, so if anyone is willing to take over the maintenance of numpy,
as well as matplotlib scripts, that would be great.

Regards,
Alex