[Slackbuilds-users] gvfs / WebDAV question

Chris Abela chris.abela at maltats.com
Thu Jul 1 06:48:17 UTC 2010

Hi Luis Henrique,

I built and installed gvfs and gigolo with your SlackBuilds and the
following are my results:

1. Gigolo does not have enough documentation to guide users to mount davfs
accounts onto their file systems.

2. Webdav is not in the list of supported protocols that Gigolo lists.

3. Gigolo does not present its users with any Graphical method with which to
mount webdav accounts. I was left clueless as well.

4. When I mount my webdav account with davfs2, a new icon showing my account
popped up on Gigolo.

5. Subsequently, I successfully browsed my account's content and umounted it
via Gigolo.

I conclude that Gigolo is not well endowed as I would have expected and in
fact it lacks some essential tools for the webdav job. On the other hand it
found gvfs as some webdav capability were noted.

Chris