[Slackbuilds-users] Reworked Python3 SlackBuild

Kevin Pulo kev at pulo.com.au
Thu Jun 3 19:03:24 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 02, 2010 at 11:22:51PM +0300, Audrius Ka??ukauskas wrote:

> A few months ago someone complained that Python3 wasn't working for
> them on x86_64.

Well, that would be me.

> It was building fine, but couldn't find stdlib due to incorrect
> paths.

FWIW, I double-checked in a clean 13.0 chroot that I had lying around
that the problem wasn't due to the multilib toolchain that I had
installed; it wasn't (failed in the same way in the clean 13.0
chroot).

> Finally I decided to look into this issue (better later than never)
> and made patches similar to the ones used for Python 2.x from
> Slackware for x86_64.

Thanks very much for this.  It works just fine on both my multilib
13.0 and clean 13.0 x86_64.  (I don't yet have a 13.1 install or
chroot in which to test it.)

Kev.