[Slackbuilds-users] Packaging Python/MATLAB bindings with library

João Felipe Santos joao.eel at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 13:50:55 UTC 2010

Hello all,

I'm writing a SlackBuild to package a library called flann right now.
The package comes with bindings for Python and MATLAB, and I first
thought it would be a good idea to build them all with the same
script. Then, when I started doing it, it looked like a not so good
idea... it will need some hacks to get it done, but will work on the
end of the day. I added some "flags" to the script so it can build
only what is needed.

Do you think separate packages for the binary library and each of the
bindings is a good way to go? Is it better to package everything in
one single package?

--
João Felipe Santos