[Slackbuilds-users] Updates - 20100517

Chess Griffin chess at chessgriffin.com
Tue May 18 10:17:56 UTC 2010

* Robby Workman <rworkman at slackbuilds.org> [2010-05-18 00:26:52]:

> On Mon, 17 May 2010 20:47:06 -0500
> Antonio Hernández Blas <hba.nihilismus at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, May 16, 2010 at 11:49 PM, Robby Workman
> > <rworkman at slackbuilds.org> wrote:
> > > Mon May 17 04:45:59 UTC 2010
> > > Well folks, this is likely to be the last update for our 13.0
> > > repository, assuming nothing important comes up.  We'll be trying
> > > to get everything in order for 13.1 now, so stay tuned for more
> > > information!  As always, thanks to all of our maintainers and users
> > > for everything you do.
> >
> > Some VERSION mismatch between info and SlackBuild files:
>

> All of these should be fixed now except this one:
>
> > games/openarena
> >     VERSION value in info file is: '0.8.5'
> >         But VERSION value in SlackBuild file is: '0.8.1'
>

> The problem here is not in the .info file but rather the
> script itself.  The final package version is indeed 0.8.5,
> but the source tarball is versioned with 0.8.1.
>
> This one will need better logic in the SlackBuild script,
> and I'm too busy with other stuff to handle that - mail
> the maintainer so that it can be done on the next update.
>
> -RW

And since this script is one of mine, I thought I would respond.  The
script works fine and the real problem is the stupid way upstream
(OpenArena) handles versioning, but indeed the script can be improved
with better logic to handle said stupidity.  It's been on my $TODO, in
fact, but I have not had the time.

Patches to the script are welcome, or if somebody wants to take
maintainership of the script and fix it, that is fine too.  Otherwise,
I'll update the script when I can -- and I will try to bring it to a
front burner but no promises.

--
Chess Griffin