[Slackbuilds-users] perl-html-parser in 13.1 repo

Niels Horn niels.horn at gmail.com
Thu May 27 13:07:05 UTC 2010

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 9:44 AM, LukenShiro <lukenshiro at ngi.it> wrote:
<snip>

> OTOH, admins,
>  how viable could be a global modification to .info files in order to
>  add an (optional for maintainers) fallback alternative way for a source
>  file's download link, if main link somehow gets failed?
>
> e.g.:
>
> DOWNLOAD="...."
> MD5SUM="...."
> DOWNLOAD_ALT="...."
> #personal source repository or taken from other distro repository, just
> in case
>
> But I don't know how much work it needs to be implemented in support
> programs such as sbopkg etc..
>
> Best regards.
>
> --
> GNU/Linux * Slackware64 13.1
> LU #210970 SU #12583 LM #98222/#412913

This is a problem inherent with external source repositories...
I had a SlackBuild removed from 13.1 as well because of a dead download link.

I found the new link for the sources and took the opportunity to clean
up some other things in the script and will resubmit as soon as this
option is available.

The "DOWNLOAD_ALT" link might work for some people (like me) who have
personal repositories etc.

Giving voice to the admins now... :)

Niels