[Slackbuilds-users] Sbopkg 0.33.1 Released
slakmagik at gmail.com
Thu May 27 19:04:26 UTC 2010
sbopkg 0.33.1 is released. This release brings us into alignment with
SBo and Slackware 13.1, squashes several more or less obscure bugs, and
adds a couple of features, too.
Here are the changes since the last official release:
* Addressed an apparent bash 4.1 bug that causes the 'obsolete sources'
function to break.
* Addressed issue 44 where hitting ^C during the download of part of a queue
and restarting the queue could result in a download failure. Thanks to
slava18 for the report.
* Changed the menu order of the "Build options" dialog to default to using
"Saved" options rather than "None".
* Fixed issue 45 where packages with '+' in the name were not properly
detected in some cases. Thanks to skalkoto for the report.
* Added a help item to the main menu of the dialog interface with pointers
to documentation and other resources.
* Added an option to print the version of sbopkg. We try not to change the
meaning of flags but note that this does change what was the '-v' flag to
'-V' and now uses '-v' for its customary 'version' purpose. Note that the
new -V flag now accepts a '?' argument (sbopkg -V ?) which will display
the list of valid repositories.
* Tweak the logic re determining ARCH and modify some ARCH-related
evals and conditionals in check_for_updates and info_item.
* Fixed a bug which could result in some sources being missed when checking
for obsolete sources.
* Added a command line option '-P' to access the 'remove uninstalled
packages' function which had previously only been accessible from the
* Miscellaneous tweaks in preparation for release and to bring in line with
* Tweaked widgets in select_repository() (no or less scrolling) and
load_user_queue() (better button) and modified check_gpg() to not disrupt
the dialog interface with gpg output
* Revised the KNOWN_ISSUES file and other documentation
As always, thanks to our users who have tested sbopkg and reported bugs
and given us such positive, encouraging feedback.
This release can be downloaded from
Thanks also to my fellow developers, Chess Griffin and Mauro Giachero.
As may be obvious from the From line and from other signs, Chess is not
doing this release but, never fear, he is still actively involved in
sbopkg development and was a tremendous help with this release process.
I've just agreed to help with releases and other administrative duties
in addition to development.
More information about the SlackBuilds-users