[Slackbuilds-users] Nvidia driver update - for GoogleEarth andAmaya Builds, perhaps others

JK Wood joshuakwood at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 18:00:09 UTC 2010

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 10:54 AM, <chris.abela at maltats.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My reply was based on my experience of the googleearth and  nvidia
> Slackbuilds. I did not try the Amaya application and I never installed the
> nvidia from the source script so I cannot reply.
>
> Chris
>
> Powered by BlackBerry® from Vodafone

The 64-bit Nvidia driver comes with the option to install 32-bit
compatibility libraries.  There are actually two different packages
available, one with and one without the compatibility libs.
ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86_64/260.19.21/NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-260.19.21-no-compat32.run
ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86_64/260.19.21/NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-260.19.21.run

The no-compat32 is 20 megs smaller, and I'd imagine that would be the one
used for the Slackbuild, since SBo doesn't officially support multilib.
Alternatively, it's possible that it's running the driver installation
script and answering "No" to the compat32 question.  In any case, I suspect
that's what's going on here.

--JK