[Slackbuilds-users] Maintenance of orphans

Matthew Fillpot mfilpot at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 18:22:57 UTC 2010

On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 4:35 PM, Robby Workman <rworkman at slackbuilds.org> wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Nov 2010 16:43:47 -0500
> Matthew Fillpot <mfilpot at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> With the recent rash of maintainers giving up their builds, I would
>> like to request for the3 admins to add a list on the website of
>> orphaned slackbuild scripts. This will make it easier for current and
>> potential maintainers to view a complete list of available builds that
>> need to switch hands.
>> I currently have a list of all orphaned builds that were announced in
>> the last month and would gladly pass it onto the site to start the
>> list.
>>
>> In addition would it be possible to add a section to the site were
>> people can request for builds to be made of known apps, so the
>> maintainers can also review that list for future projects?
>

> We'e got enough to do already :)  If someone wants to maintain
> such a list, feel free to do so (and to periodically/as needed
> provide a link on this list).
>
> -RW

Thanks for looking over the idea Robby.

I have found an individual who will volunteer some server space to
accomidate this list which I will maintain.

For those that are interested:
What fields should we require a user to fill in when submitting a
request for a new build so that it will give enough info for packagers
to quickly determine their interest? At the very least I was thinking
App Category, App Name, Link to Homepage and a Short description.

I plan to pull similar data from orphaned builds to allow the two
lists to be merged as one, so please try not to ask for too much.

--
-Thank You,
-Matthew Fillpot