[Slackbuilds-users] Problems Building PostgreSQL-8.4.5

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Oct 22 23:18:58 UTC 2010

   This is on a new system (mb, memory, cpu) with fresh install of 13.1. I'm
using the SlackBuild script for postgres-8.4.5 so I can upgrade from the
current -8.3.3. The configure step fails:

checking libxml/parser.h usability... no
checking libxml/parser.h presence... no
checking for libxml/parser.h... no
configure: error: header file <libxml/parser.h> is required for XML support

   However, parser.h is in the libxml2 package and installed here:

[root at salmo /usr/include/libxml2/libxml]# ls parser.h
parser.h

   What do I do to have the script run correctly?

Rich