[Slackbuilds-users] realtime capabilities for jack and its apps

Felix Pfeifer pfeifer.felix at googlemail.com
Sat Aug 20 08:54:58 UTC 2011

> Proposal: the doinst.sh for any audio synthesis or production package that
> uses jack-audio-connection-kit should contain code in the doinst.sh like so:
>
> setcap cap_ipc_lock,cap_sys_nice=ep usr/bin/whatever

I think it's a good idea. I am maintaining a few audio Slackbuildscripts
and thought about doing so, but i was afraid it would be removed.
Would it? Maybe for security or whatever reasons we add an option
to all these scripts that is mentioned in the README like this:
"to disable setcaps pass the option --disable-caps to the script"
$ whatever.Slackbuild --disable-caps

The default behavior then would be to include setcaps in the doinst.sh.

Felix