[Slackbuilds-users] realtime capabilities for jack and its apps

David Woodfall dave at dawoodfall.net
Tue Aug 23 02:35:44 UTC 2011

On (00:17 23/08/11), korgman <korgie at gmail.com> put forth the proposition:
>On 22/08/2011 04:35 πμ, B Watson wrote:
>>Yeah. I'm hoping to hear from other people (so far it's mostly been
>>me ranting&  raving, it'd be much better to have lots of opinions&
>>a discussion).
>
>I will test your proposition, but I am sometimes slow to evaluate.
>
>In my experience pianoteq (closed source) benefits from RT kernel and capabilities (I will re-test to be exact) and I have experienced very high latency with MIDI and PD (maybe the absence of RT).
>
>Some distribution go the extreme without RT :)
>https://wiki.ubuntu.com/RealTime#Natty%20Benchmarks
>
>From my side: I need testing to evaluate. Of course I don't have problem to add the extra capabilities.
>
>Just for your information. I have old machine (Pentium-m 1.5Ghz). Fluidsynth (qsynth), aeolus, gigasampler or jack-rack and I don't have audio drop-outs in mine configuration.
>
>I din't knew about StudioWare, I also trying to convert Slackware to audio machine.
>13.0
>http://clavisound.dyndns-server.com/tgz/13.0/index.php
>
>13.1
>http://clavisound.dyndns-server.com/tgz/13.1/index.php

IRC channel and would be very glad of any feedback or suggestions
I'm in the middle of repackaging at the moment and putting in the
setcaps options. As soon as this is done we will be looking at
adding more applications. All suggestions welcome.

>I believe the best is to join the forces for packages (I din't saw frescobaldi, or pd in studioware and can't test 64bit for example), documentation, building, testing, e.t.c.

If you can provide slackbuild scripts that conform closely to the sbo
templates + an info file we would be glad of any contributions.

Studioware is an attempt at joining forces, although we don't have an
automatic submission system at all, but since we are only a small
project at the moment that isn't a problem.

Dave

--
Don't look back, the lemmings are gaining on you.