[Slackbuilds-users] Frostwire update

King Beowulf kingbeowulf at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 01:47:14 UTC 2011

Heads up.  I have just submitted a version bump for Frostwire.  If you are
like me and loose track of updates, please note that the 5.x series has
dropped gnutella support and is now a a bittorrent only search engine.
Therefore, if you need gnutella support, stick with the latest 4.x or switch
to another client.

01-AUG-2011
http://frostwire.wordpress.com/2011/08/01/frostwire-5-bittorrent-so-simple/

With the landscape of file sharing shifting to BitTorrent we saw the
opportunity build up on it’s strengths and to make
the BitTorrent experience a lot easier and simpler, one that your mom can
handle.  We dropped Gnutella search and
replaced it with the curated indexes of major HTTP BitTorrent Search Engines
(and we’ll keep adding more with each release).
The results are instant search results, and no spam or fakes.

-Ed

--
You! What PLANET is this!
    -- McCoy, "The City on the Edge of Forever", stardate 3134.0