[Slackbuilds-users] Why Might a SBo Application Look in /usr/local? [SOLVED]

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Aug 30 02:34:57 UTC 2011

On Mon, 29 Aug 2011, Rich Shepard wrote:

>  I've no idea where to look to see where the shell is getting the wrong
> location. I've been using the SlackBuild packages for several versions now
> and haven't before come across this issue.

   Well, I came up with the right idea and looked in ~/.bash_profile. For
some reason I aliased R to look in /usr/local/bin. Since I installed R from
the SBo packages over the past few years I've no idea why I did this nor do
I know why R ran (from /usr/bin) until today.

   I am suitably embarrassed.

Mea culpa!

Rich