[Slackbuilds-users] Transcode-1.1.5 compilation was broken

andrew andrew at andrews-corner.org
Wed Dec 21 23:54:33 UTC 2011

On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 08:54:46PM -0200, Gilcio Amaral-Martins wrote:

> Sory but I didn't get what you mean.  Could you explain to me in a
> more detailed manner?

Well, the method is not particularly polished as I use it for my own
system only :). I download FFmpeg 0.7.8 and extract it wherever and
compile as follows:

./configure --prefix=/home/andrew/source/ffmpeg_old/usr \
              --enable-gpl \
              --enable-version3 \
              --enable-nonfree \
              --enable-postproc \
              --enable-pthreads \
              --enable-libfaac \
              --enable-libmp3lame \
              --enable-libopencore-amrnb \
              --enable-libopencore-amrwb \
              --enable-libvpx \
              --disable-ffmpeg \
              --disable-ffplay \
              --disable-ffserver \
              --disable-doc && \
make && make install-libs install-headers && make distclean

You can alter options as you see fit, these options are designed so I
can also compile SoX and vlc against the same FFmpeg libraries. Then I
add the following to Transcode build, before ./configure::

export PKG_CONFIG_PATH="/home/andrew/source/ffmpeg_old/usr/lib/pkgconfig"

This is a little rough and ready and could very easily be improved. It
is for my own usage, not really for distribution to slackbuilds-users :).
Mostly it is useful if you are, like me, running the cutting edge
FFmpeg as well and need an older version to build other applications against.

Andrew
--
You think that's air you're breathing now?