[Slackbuilds-users] Pcmanfm issue... Policykit?

Chris Abela chris.abela at maltats.com
Mon Feb 7 15:09:26 UTC 2011

Dear gang,

I just did a fresh Slackware installation; I only installed Fluxbox,
because it was intended to be a platform for building Xfce 4.8.
However, I rediscovered my appreciation of Fluxbox... so that is where
I will be for a while.
Now, I have come to appreciate having a file manager. As the
dependencies are limited, I built PcmanFM. However, when I insert a USB
stick, nothing happens, though PcmanFM is set in Preferences to acces
such a device. It was commented on Identi.ca that it was likely to be a
rights/PolicyKit issue.
Any pointers?

Yours,
Morten

Hi

After years of switching between XFCE and Fluxbox, I have managed to
overcome my KDE-phobia and I am using it almost exclusively.

Anyway I confirm your observation and from some Google Search
(http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-858965-start-25.html)

If you are using runlevel 3:

modify ~/.xinitrc to
exec ck-launch-session dbus-launch --sh-syntax --exit-with-session
/usr/bin/startfluxbox

Chris