[Slackbuilds-users] LibreOffice and libreoffice-langpack

Larry Hajali larryhaja at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 16:22:03 UTC 2011

I just installed libreoffice and also had a corresponding
openoffice.org installation as well.  I noticed that after installing
libreoffice that opening any openoffice.org application opened
libreoffice instead.  After removing openoffice.org from my system I
saw these lines from removepkg.

Removing package /var/log/packages/openoffice.org-3.2.1_en_US-i586-1_SBo...
Removing files:
  --> /usr/bin/sbase (symlink) was found in another package. Skipping.
  --> /usr/bin/scalc (symlink) was found in another package. Skipping.
  --> /usr/bin/sdraw (symlink) was found in another package. Skipping.
  --> /usr/bin/simpress (symlink) was found in another package. Skipping.
  --> /usr/bin/smath (symlink) was found in another package. Skipping.
  --> /usr/bin/soffice (symlink) was found in another package. Skipping.
  --> /usr/bin/spadmin (symlink) was found in another package. Skipping.
  --> /usr/bin/swriter (symlink) was found in another package. Skipping.
  --> /usr/bin/unopkg (symlink) was found in another package. Skipping.

You might want to rename the symlinks with changes in their
corresponding .desktop items so there isn't a conflict.  Or at least
say that libreoffice conflicts with openoffice.org in the README.

Regards,
Larry