[Slackbuilds-users] maxima

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Sun Jan 30 04:22:09 UTC 2011

On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 21:11:14 +0000 (UTC)
Glenn Becker <burningc at SDF.LONESTAR.ORG> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Some time ago I wrote the maintainer of the maxima SlackBuild about
> the fact that the source code for the version for which the script
> was written, 5.18.1, was no longer available from the project site. I
> didn't hear back from him.
>
> So I decided today I'd try to simply update the maintainer's script
> to use the latest version of the program (5.23.2) & after a few
> tweaks it seems to work fine.
>
> I'm wondering what the best practice is in this case -- should I try
> writing the maintainer again? Should I submit the new script, etc (it
> really isn't mine -- I just modified it)? I'm happy to maintain the
> build if he is no longer interested in doing so.

If you've gotten no response after all this time, consider it to be
abandoned, and feel free to submit an update.  You can make a note
in the build script pointing out that you maintain it now, but either
way, be sure to change the MAINTAINER and EMAIL values in the .info
file.

-RW