[Slackbuilds-users] request for removal: exim

Thomas Morper thomas at beingboiled.info
Sun Jan 30 15:03:16 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 10:19:38PM -0600, Robby Workman wrote:

> I pulled exim-4.74 and exim-html-4.74 sources yesterday, and I had
> intended to look into bumping both of them before I pushed out the
> update.  How's that sound?  Any other changes need to be made?

4.73 -> 4.74 is basically just a version bump. There's a new feature
that allows lookups to be dynamic libraries instead of a part of the
monolithic Exim daemon, but it's not enabled by default. However, it
would be nice to have the updated exim.Makefile containing said feature
in the comment section, so I've already prepared a new submission
currently waiting at http://beingboiled.info/tmp/exim.tar.gz

Long story short: version bump, fetching the exim.tar.gz, asking me to
resubmit - anything will do.

Unfortunately, "exim-html" is semi-broken since 4.73, referencing CSS
and images which are not part of the package. According to Exim's git
repository this is not meant to be permanent, so I'd rather leave
exim-html at 4.72 till there's a proper standalone documentation again.