[Slackbuilds-users] nvidia issues with older cards - README notes might help

King Beowulf kingbeowulf at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 23:51:24 UTC 2011

Any of the nvidia drivers 26x.y.x and 27x.y.z should work fine with the
7600GS AGP. That was my main card before I upgraded to PCIe and a GT430.
The 7600GS does not support vdpau - being ignored - and also vdpau has
nothing to do with Quake3 -and I have wasted hours and years fragging via Q3
engine games.  At 1024x768x32 2xAF no AA, Athlon64 1.8GHz with Slackware32
you should be able to get 120+fps on most maps.  If not, you may have a
motherboard and card issue.

I just submitted new nvidia slackbuilds and so far all is good with
Civ4(Wine) and UrbanTerror (ioquake3 engine)

Philip,
When I get a chance, I will toss in my 7600GS onto an intel AGP system I use
as a game server and see if I have issues.  Can you email me the console
error messages when Q3 demo crashes?

--
You! What PLANET is this!
    -- McCoy, "The City on the Edge of Forever", stardate 3134.0