[Slackbuilds-users] Cinelerra SlackBuild

King Beowulf kingbeowulf at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 00:07:55 UTC 2011

That's outrageous! Over 24 hrs! An eternity! Such lack of respect for
his fellow Slackers!

Why, back in my day we flogged people for less!

That said, I wonder about the dev status of cinelerra? It has some
nifty features and I like the multiwindow layout for my dual monitor
set up.

Ed

On 7/6/11, Doogster <thedoogster at gmail.com> wrote:
> It's been 24 hours and one minute since I emailed the maintainer about
> his SlackBuild building a nonworking package. Probably because he
> chose an svn revision that was completely broken. I linked to the two
> LQ posts independently corroborating this, of course.
>
> Never got a reply.
>
> On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 9:52 AM, Doogster <thedoogster at gmail.com> wrote:
>> The version of Cinelerra currently on SBo is completely broken. It
>> crashes when you try to load any file. For me, it locks up even if I
>> tell it to load an MP3.
>>
>> There are at least two separate LQ threads also reporting this:
>>
>> http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/cinerella-on-13-37-a-881165/#post4358683
>> http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/kino-1-3-4-preview-video-is-corrupted-885675/#post4382348
>>
>> I recommend removing Cinelerra from SBo.

Sent from my mobile device

You! What PLANET is this!
	-- McCoy, "The City on the Edge of Forever", stardate 3134.0