[Slackbuilds-users] opera buildscript needs a new maintainer

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Thu Jul 7 16:24:39 UTC 2011

On Thu, 7 Jul 2011 23:10:13 +0800
vvoody <wxj.g.sh at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you man, I'll take it ;-) And the script has been updated,
> check -> https://github.com/vvoody/SlackBuilds/tree/master/opera

Hrm...  Almost perfect - very good :-)  I'm attaching the tarball
I had fixed up here - the only worthwhile differences are in the
fixup_libdir.diff patch.  You'll notice that I altered the libdir
paths (lib --> lib64) for each of the individual files and then
renamed the lib directory inside the source to lib64.  That part,
while perhaps interesting, is unimportant -- it's functionally the
the same as what you did (renaming the lib directory to lib64
*after* everything is put in the temporary package directory.

The interesting parts are the other fixes I have in my patch.
Have a look and perhaps incorporate them.  For that matter, feel
free to replace my name/email with yours everywhere and run with
it.

> So, should I upload it to overwrite the old opera.tar.gz in the
> pending?

Nope.  Just send me (via email) a submission-quality tarball when
you get everything finalized, and I'll push it directly into the
READY queue, approved by me.

Thanks for taking this on.

-RW