[Slackbuilds-users] nvidia-kernel vs. xorg.conf

Lyonel Serradura lyonels at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 07:24:11 UTC 2011

Hi

I have a mere week old GT520 and as such I'm a new user of NVidia's
binary driver : neither the kernel fb nor Xorg's nouveau knows it !

I have yet to test Xorg without device.conf from nvidia-kernel, but it
works fine for me : I just have device.conf and
90-keyboard-layout.conf in xorg.conf.d

To tackle Thomas's issue, I would vote for a device.conf.new and
doinst.sh as I find it the Slawckare way of doing it.

BTW I'm running Slackware64-current, and I tweaked nvidia-kernel and
nvidia-kernel to use 280.04 : it works like a charm.

Lyonel