[Slackbuilds-users] mupdf manpages

Hubert Hesse slackbuilds at hubertscorner.de
Fri Jul 29 19:20:44 UTC 2011

Hi,

On 07/27/2011 01:44 AM, Thomas Morper wrote:
> I just built the mupdf PDF reader and noticed that the manpages end up
> in the wrong place (/usr/man instead of /usr/man/man1) where "man" won't
> find them.
True.

I explictly moved the manpages as you can see in the slackbuild:
  mv $PKG/usr/share/man/man1 $PKG/usr/man
  rm $PKG/usr/share/man -r

So I guess I mixed up something with the autotools template [1]
It uses /usr/man.
  # If the man pages are installed to /usr/share/man instead, you'll
need to either
 # add the --mandir=/usr/man flag to configure or move them manually
after the
 # make install process is run.

Is it save to put man pages in /usr/share/man/man1 ?
If I do that makepkg complains:
usr/share/
usr/share/man/
usr/share/man/man1/
usr/share/man/man1/pdfdraw.1.gz
usr/share/man/man1/pdfshow.1.gz
usr/share/man/man1/mupdf.1.gz
usr/share/man/man1/pdfclean.1.gz
WARNING:  /usr/share/man (with possibly not gzipped man pages) detected

So where is the correct place?

regards,
Hubert

[1]