[Slackbuilds-users] SWIG? OpenOffice.org?

Bradley D. Thornton Bradley at NorthTech.US
Wed Jun 15 22:19:20 UTC 2011

On 06/15/2011 12:57 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Jun 2011, JK Wood wrote:
>

> I get this impression, too, but have been told by some who converted that
> LO does not (yet) handle all the M$ formats as well as OO.o. Since this is
> my main use of the suite, it's a concern.
>
> Regardless, I install LO and see if it works for me.

I don't think you're going to have any issues. AlienBob's package works
well, although I'm not sure if his latest one includes the dicts or not.
I don't think the early one did when LO was first making its break with
OOo and EllisonCo.

But as far as Microsoft compatibility, anything in OOo is in LO, while
LO has features not able to be included in OOo - at least that's how I
understand the licensing issues to be.

--
Bradley D. Thornton
Manager Network Services