[Slackbuilds-users] Graphviz Build Error

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 22:21:01 UTC 2011

On 6/16/11, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

>    Graphviz tells me it cannot find a library which is in /usr/lib64; it's
> looking in /usr/lib. Is this a build script error?

Nope. The build scripts are tested & supported only on non-multilib
(pure 64-bit). This gets mentioned pretty often on this mailing list...

However, a lot of builds that have this problem (looking for libs in
/usr/lib) can be made to work by adding 'LDFLAGS=-L/usr/lib64' to the
configure command (right before the CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS stuff).

Another thing to check is PKG_CONFIG_PATH in the environment. It shouldn't
include /usr/lib/pkgconfig (if it's not set, set it to something like
/usr/local/lib64/pkgconfig:/usr/lib64/pkgconfig:/usr/local/lib64/pkgconfig
in your .bash_profile or whatever).

Worst-case scenario, you might have to hack up the Makefile or whatever
the source uses for building. Not really difficult, most of the time.