[Slackbuilds-users] Introduction & questions about link creation for the 'oxygen-gtk' theme

Nicolas Kovacs info at microlinux.fr
Sat Jun 18 12:54:09 UTC 2011

Le 18/06/2011 12:05, Binh Nguyen a écrit :

> If I understand correctly, in this your package, you want to create a
> symlink to gtkrc of the package oxygen-gtk.
>
> Then this would suffice:
>
> mkdir -p $PKG/etc/skel
> cd $PKG/etc/skel
> ln -s ../../usr/share/themes/oxygen-gtk/gtk-2.0/gtkrc .gtkrc-2.0
> cd -

Thanks for the quick response (also to Audrius). I tried the relative
link as suggested, and it works fine.
One thing that puzzled me was if the solution would work independently
of 'oxygen-gtk' installed, e. g. what would happen if my
'user-settings-desktop' package was installed *before* 'oxygen-gtk'.

Well, I got it: the symlink is created, but broken. And as soon as
'oxygen-gtk' is installed, the broken symlink becomes valid.
The idea which got me stuck was: create a symlink on a - yet -
nonexistent file.

Cheers,

Niki