[Slackbuilds-users] Libreoffice

Binh Nguyen binhnguyen at fastmail.fm
Sat Jun 25 08:26:12 UTC 2011

On Fri, 24 Jun 2011 16:06:07 -0300
Niels Horn <niels.horn at gmail.com> wrote:

> If you can't wait for it to be approved, you can get it from my site:
> http://www.nielshorn.net/slackware/slack_pkg.php

I've just installed your package and I have to say I'm very glad that
LibreOffice with version 3.4.0 for the first time respects system font
settings.

For previous versions, I have to build it from source (for slack 13.0
so cannot get from Eric) to have a package that looks 'right' rather
than the one from provided binaries with an 'ugly' look.

Considering building 3.3.2 took up to 9GB in about 5 hours on an Core
i3 machine, this change in LO of course will save me a lot of time in
the future. I will just use the provided binaries instead of building
myself.

Now with LibreOffice respects system font settings along with Google
Chrome and Opera, I wish Firefox will soon implement this 'technique'
too in their provided binaries.

Cheers,

--
Binh Nguyen