[Slackbuilds-users] Grip update recommended -> latest version builds, installs and runs just fine

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 13:21:05 UTC 2011

On 6/26/11, Nicolas Kovacs <info at microlinux.fr> wrote:

> Adding all the - ten or so - libs to the build queue in sbopkg and then
> download and build them takes ten to fifteen minutes on a reasonable
> recent PC. Of yourse, YMMV.

If I wanted a GUI CD ripper on a reasonably recent PC, I'd just use the
one that comes with Slackware as part of KDE (or XFCE). My grip package
is meant for old (or anyway resource-limited) systems. Think ArmedSlack
on a 66MHz processor, or an old Pentium-166 with 64 megs of RAM, rescued
from a dumpster (OK, maybe not with Slackware 13.x, but 10.0 or 11.0
would run OK on it).

So, I'll submit an updated package for grip-2.96, renamed to grip2. In its
README I'll mention that there's a much newer version called grip3. Should
work out OK for everyone.