[Slackbuilds-users] How to get source hostet?

David Woodfall dave at dawoodfall.net
Tue Jun 28 06:25:00 UTC 2011

On (10:03 28/06/11), Chris <chrisretusn at bluehome.net> put forth the proposition:
>Well that was a fantastic answer. How about giving me a bit more. Perhaps a few specific and valid reasons why this is a no-no as you put it.
>
>All it would take is a few extra lines of code to checkout the source and then create a tarball excluding the svn directories.
>
>You could also just build it off the checked out source tree. Copy it over to a build directory, and build from there, making a package off the result.

It makes it very difficult to follow the flow if you top post.

But as I see it source checkouts are liable to break from time to
time. A SlackBuild IMHO should always point to a tested/working
source.

Having said that I do keep a few dynamic SlackBuilds in my own repo,
with a big warning about what they do and suggesting that users
keep a backup of the last, previously working packages.

D.

Don't look back, the lemmings are gaining on you.