[Slackbuilds-users] Static and Shared Libs togetter

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Wed Mar 9 18:46:32 UTC 2011

On Wed, 9 Mar 2011 20:33:10 +0200
Ozan Türkyılmaz <ozan.turkyilmaz at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2011/3/9 Robby Workman <rworkman at slackbuilds.org>:
> >
> > Yeah, what he said...  :-)
> >
> > Honestly though, it doesn't really matter for us - we're not
> > distributing packages anyway, so space doesn't much matter.
> >

> I don't know the user needs for it. I'll make it optimal for user who
> need it.

Is there other software out there that *needs* the static libraries?
If so, then sure.  If not, then:  are there (common,valid) usage
scenarios to link any of these statically?  I mean, sure, someone
somewhere *might* need to do a lot of things, but if the something
they're doing to require it is very non-standard, then they should
expect to run into other non-standard stuff...  ;-)

That said, it's okay either way - there's no harm, but there's very
little gain in most cases too...  :)

-RW