[Slackbuilds-users] google-chrome

Didier Spaier didier.spaier at epsm.fr
Fri Mar 25 13:30:16 UTC 2011

Le 25/03/2011 13:48, Felix Pfeifer a écrit :
> Voice of a user: ^^
> My choice for Slackware was because it doesn't
> use PAM or selinux. There are a lot of distros using
> it and if i wanted PAM or selinux i would use these
> distros, like Fedora which also has 32bit compat
> packages for the 64bit version. However - i use
> Slackware.

Voice of another user: ^^

Well, at present PAM would be of no use to me, aside being able to use my Thinkpad's fingerprint reader, which I consider a somehow cosmetic issue.

But I would not object it to be shipped with Slackware, provided I can choose to enable/disable it, e.g. chmod (+||-)x /etc/rc.d/rc.PAM.

I would not object either google-chrome being built --without-pam if possible, nor built with PAM statically linked if possible.

Though "comparaison n'est pas raison" I am happy with Eric's package for VLC wich include all needed dependencies.

Didier