[Slackbuilds-users] [FIX] Eclipse + xulrunner issue.

André Barboza bmg.andre at gmail.com
Fri May 13 13:11:27 UTC 2011

> I've already send an eclipse SlackBuild update for version 3.6.2 to
> André Barboza (the current maintainer) but i have not the
> time-platform to test if its true what Grant Gayed stated in his
> posts. If someone can make some test in this aspect could be very
> helpful to "fix" this situation. Just build xulrunner *without* the
> use of "--enable-optimize" (or "--disable-optimize" if applies) and
> let eclipse decides the use of uxlrunner *without* your meddling
> [8][9][10]. And yes... i think that André Barboza solution (patch) its
> not the correct answer but maybe i could be wrong ;-)

The patch is NOT a solution itself, but as you said before: It's not
an eclipse bug.
I think what we can do is set MOZILLA_FIVE_PATH variable in the
startup script based on the user installation.
I chose check the xulrunner installation before everything, so I
anyone really wants the internal browser, they can build the xulrunner
with all requeriments of eclipse.

Maybe, we can put some tips of xulrunner building on the README
file... what do you think?