[Slackbuilds-users] libxml++ fails to build

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Thu May 19 04:33:35 UTC 2011

On Thu, 12 May 2011 04:13:22 -0300
"Luis Henrique F. Cardoso de Mello" <lmello.009 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 13.37, libxml++ fails to build:
>
> Can't open perl script
> "/usr/share/glibmm-2.4/doctool/doc-install.pl": No such file or
> directory make[1]: *** [install-htmlref] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/SBo/libxml++-2.33.2'
> make: *** [install-am] Error 2

Fixed in my git branch:

commit ef773b4c6def587a5abf20ec2f19eefc08832c84
Author: Robby Workman <rworkman at slackbuilds.org>
Date:   Wed May 18 23:29:52 2011 -0500

    libraries/libxml++: Noted mm-common in the README

    This is an oversight on our part.  We (well, I) updated gtkmm
    in our tree *after* all of the build testing was done, and the
    previous gtkmm dependency chain didn't need mm-common, as the
    relevant bits were shipped with glibmm.  However, the newer
    glibmm no longer ships those, so we need mm-common now.
    This may very well be a problem with some other c++ bindings
    in our repo, so if you see any in the wild, shoot them and
    send us the carcass.

    Thanks to Luis Henrique F. Cardoso de Mello for the report.