[Slackbuilds-users] lapack

Donald Allen donaldcallen at gmail.com
Thu May 19 18:27:19 UTC 2011

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 11:23 AM, Robby Workman <rworkman at slackbuilds.org>wrote:

> On Wed, 18 May 2011 23:42:24 -0400
> Donald Allen <donaldcallen at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > The 13.37 version of lapack does not build without a little help. The
> > Slackbuild script defaults VERSION to 3.3.0, but the sources are
> > 3.3.1. Changing the default or passing in VERSION works. The default
> > should be updated.
>

> The maintainer said that he was a bit swamped with real life
> at the moment, but he would get updates done as soon as possible.

Gee, what a lame excuse :-)

For me, it's no longer a problem; I got it built. My concern is just that
others might trip over this and waste time figuring out what I already did.
Maybe put a note on the page alerting people that the version has changed,
the slackbuild awaits updating, and in the meantime, folks can build the
package with

env VERSION=3.3.1 lapack.Slackbuild

??

/Don