[Slackbuilds-users] lapack

Eugéne Suter easuter at gmail.com
Mon May 23 21:42:45 UTC 2011

Well this turned out to be a small ****-storm :(
I've tried to submit an update for lapack but the site says one is
already in the queue...so yeah.

For some clarification: the LAPACK homepage has changed; previously
they only provided a tarball called "lapack.tar.gz" or "lapack.tgz"
without any version number attached (this was given on the website
only), so that's why the tarball's md5 would change "silently"
although the tarball appeared to be the same.

To Donald Allan: I'm working and studying at college, so aside from
all the other real life stuff I have to do beside that, Slackbuilds
are pretty low on my priority list. If this is a "lame excuse", well
tough luck. If you are swimming is spare time then you're welcome to
take over lapack, blas and scipy any time if you wish.

Cheers,
Eugene