[Slackbuilds-users] Rejected SlackBuild

Audrius Kažukauskas audrius at neutrino.lt
Mon Nov 7 08:03:25 UTC 2011

Hi, Serban and others,

I want to point out one thing that's probably not obvious to you: when
sending new email (not a reply to an existing one) to the mailing list,
do not use reply feature of your mail client and just change the
subject.  Instead, start a new email.  When you choose to reply, your
mail client includes an additional header (In-Reply-To), which some mail
software (e.g. Mutt, Mailman archives[*]) use to group emails into
threads.  By replying to a message from an existing thread with
completely different subject, you effectively "threadjack" it.  Please
don't do that.

[*] http://lists.slackbuilds.org/pipermail/slackbuilds-users/2011-November/thread.html

PS
Yes, I know that in Mutt you can break a thread by pressing # key, but
Mailman archives still look messed up.

--
Audrius Kažukauskas