[Slackbuilds-users] Rejected SlackBuild

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 09:24:13 UTC 2011

On 11/6/11, Serban Udrea <serban.udrea at skmail.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de> wrote:

> I am trying to upload a new SlackBuild but it get's rejected

Is there anyone else besides me who thinks the uploader ought to have
better error messages? Seems like it shouldn't be too difficult to
have it say stuff like:

File already exists in pending/approved queue
File too large (maximum XXXX KBytes)
Invalid file type (must be .tar, .tar.gz, or .tar.bz2)
blah.tar.gz doesn't contain blah.SlackBuild
Missing .info file
Missing DOWNLOAD= in blah.info file
Invalid BLAH= in blah.info file, line 2
PRGNAM in .info file doesn't match PRGNAM in blah.SlackBuild
etc. etc.

I'm assuming the code that handles uploaded files, checks various
things and if anything failed, prints "there was a problem with your
upload". Since the checks are already being done, maybe it should give
specific error messages saying which check failed?

It's in PHP, right? I've done a bit of PHP coding (even gotten paid
for it). I'd be willing to do the work on this myself, if the site
developers don't mind me doing it.