[Slackbuilds-users] Upgraded LibreOffice-3.4.3 Has No Executable

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Sep 5 22:58:39 UTC 2011

On Mon, 5 Sep 2011, Niels Horn wrote:

> The SBo package (which you have installed now) creates symlinks in usr/bin
> /for each individual program, for example: usr/bin/scalc points to
> //opt/libreoffice3.4/program/scalc

Niels,

   Aha! I was not aware of this. And this solves an issue I had with Eric's
previous version: starting it using soffice (which the shell script now
calls using /usr/bin/soffice) brought up a blank page with an illustrated
menu in the center. Now, running /usr/bin/soffice brings up a blank writer
document and my templates are once again visible and can be selected. I'm
happy.

> I never tried upgrading Eric's package to the SBO package, but it should
> work fine.

   It does when one understands the differences. :-)

Many thanks for the lesson,

Rich