[Slackbuilds-users] postfix.Slackbuild

Alan Hicks alan at lizella.net
Thu Apr 5 16:32:27 UTC 2012

On Wed, 04 Apr 2012 18:09:17 +0200
Giuseppe De Nicolo' <g.denicolo at itdep.oapointroma.org> wrote:

> I noticed
> that the slackbuild only has the option to build it with mysql
> support.
> Is there a specific reason why the script is it so ??

There's a couple of reasons actually.

1- I don't use postgres so there was never a reason for me to add
support for it into the script.
2- postgres isn't a part of Slackware, so building with postgress
support adds an external dependency that I'd prefer to avoid.
3- Those people who actually need postgres support should be able to do
exactly what you did after reading the script and postfix's excellent
installation instructions.