[Slackbuilds-users] nvidia-{driver, kernel} [was: Updates - 20120801.1]

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Fri Aug 3 04:28:02 UTC 2012

On Thu, 02 Aug 2012 21:03:11 -0700
King Beowulf <kingbeowulf at gmail.com> wrote:

> I submitted updated nvidia-driver and nvidia-kernel for Nvidia-302.17
> (which I ma running now on Slackware64-13.37 multilib) on
> 16-JULY-2012. They don't appear in pending and the recent update
> notifications.  Is there a problem or just busy?

Yes.  :)  My fault - I've had a mail in my head for a few days now,
but I've not gotten around to running it through my fingers.
From memory (I'm not looking at the scripts right now), you copy
libvdpau into the 32bit package but not the 64bit package.  If you
do it in one, you should almost surely do it in the other, but
more importantly, why do you do that at all?  libvdpau is available
as a standalone package - if it's needed, then it needs to be listed
as a requirement.  All that said, if I'm misunderstanding something,
then a cluebat is welcome :-)

-RW