[Slackbuilds-users] REQUIRES info

Audrius Kažukauskas audrius at neutrino.lt
Wed Aug 22 08:01:36 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-08-22 at 09:18:45 +1000, Christoph Willing wrote:
> I have a use case where such information is actually useful rather
> than superfluous. I run each build inside an LXC container which is
> created just for that build. Rather than being a fully loaded
> Slackware system, the container is a minimal system containing just
> enough of the official Slackware packages to actually run a package
> build script. At build time, based on the REQUIRES field, any
> missing packages (both Slackware and SBo) are first installed into
> the container. Of course the REQUIRES field is new so, so far, I've
> been modifying the .inf files myself to include that information.

You could make a 'template' of a full Slackware installation in btrfs
filesystem and then clone it each time you want a fresh LXC container.
The clone won't take any additional space on disk except for the changes
you make inside it.  After using it you can simply remove it and create
a new one for another build.

I have a helper script that simplifies the aforementioned steps.  You
can find it at <https://bitbucket.org/audriusk/lxc-slack>.  Haven't had
the chance to test it with updated btrfs-progs in -current, but it
should still work.

--
Audrius Kažukauskas
http://neutrino.lt/