[Slackbuilds-users] Symbolic links problem in QScintilla

Dhaby Xiloj dhabyx at xelalug.org
Fri Aug 24 07:16:55 UTC 2012

Hello everybody,

I'm working in my SlackBuidls, but two apps depends on QScintilla
(sqliteman), this uses cmake for building and cmake strips executables
automatically when it installs, and this action remove the source of
symbolic links, then the application not found libqscintilla.so; Qt
package install libraries in /usr/lib${LIBDIRSUFIX}/qt/lib and make
symbolic links to /usr/lib${LIBDIRSUFIX}, but QScintilla doesn't.

An easy solution is add /usr/lib${LIBDIRSUFIX}/qt/lib  to
/etc/ld.conf.so in doinstall.sh, but I'm not sure if this is the best
way; or leave cmake install application and then reinstall manually the
app, but adding --keep-file-symbols to strip command.

PD. sorry for my bad english.
--
Dhaby E. Xiloj C.
Linux User No. 408796