[Slackbuilds-users] abcde SlackBuild - question(s)

Glenn Becker burningc at SDF.ORG
Sat Dec 8 20:43:26 UTC 2012

Hi All --

I am finally sitting down to try and finish the abcde SlackBuild, but
I have a couple of questions.

Matteo Bernardini pointed out to me that abcde includes a separate
helper script, abcde-musicbrainz-tool, that requires some Perl
'musicbrainz' modules for which there are currently no SlackBuilds.
On the Debian page for abcde these modules are listed as
"recommended."

On top of that, some of the modules that the musicbrainz modules
require have no SlackBuilds, either. So getting this side tool to
function would require packaging up a bunch of Perl modules
beforehand.

I am tempted to *not* do this, but to add text to the abcde
description noting that these things are needed if that script is to
be used ... but I wanted to check that that was okay. If it is, I am
all but done with the update for the module.

(I have no problem with the idea of doing it this way and then getting
to work on packaging those Perl modules, for what it's worth. Of
course I know I've been pretty slow on abcde).

Thanks,

Glenn

Glenn Becker - burningc at sdf.org
SDF Public Access UNIX System - http://sdf.org