[Slackbuilds-users] A slight 'problem' with the app I'm supposed to maintain...

irgunii at gmail.com irgunii at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 13:30:13 UTC 2012

On Fri, 14 Dec 2012 13:54:06 +0100
Gwenhael Le Moine <gwenhael.le.moine at gmail.com> wrote:

> >   It's been brought to my attention (thank's Richard!) that the link to
> > download
> >   kim4 isn't working properly.
> >
> >   Unfortunately the app is only found on kdeapps.org and any time one
> > changes views
> >   at any particular apps page on their browser, the download link will
> > change. (I
> >   hope that made sense)
> >
> >   I'm not sure how to 'fix' this so that those coming to the slackbuilds
> > repository
> >   will be able to just click the download link and it work for them.
> >
> >   Any ideas will be greatly appreciated (I also need to change my e-mail
> > in my
> >   builds anyway as I'll be dropping my isp soon).
> >

> >   John
> >
> The link used by Gentoo if it's any help is the following (from
> http://gentoo-portage.com/kde-misc/kim4/Dep#ptabs ):
>
> SRC_URI="http://bouveyron.free.fr/kim/release/${P}.tar.gz"
>
> Gwenhael

  I'm not sure if I'm supposed to depend on a Gentoo site/URL/link or not. Would it
  be considered 'normal' or 'okay' if I did use that link in the build?

  John

--
FTG FTI FTP

A newspaper has three things to do. One is to amuse, another is to entertain and the
rest is to mislead. --former British Foreign Minister Ernest Bevin