[Slackbuilds-users] making a SlackBuild for golly

J j at dawnrazor.net
Thu Dec 27 19:21:33 UTC 2012

There is likely an issue here:

VERSION=${VERSION:-2.4-src}

/sbin/makepkg -l y -c n
$OUTPUT/$PRGNAM-$VERSION-$ARCH-$BUILD$TAG.${PKGTYPE:-tgz}

Willy is quite correct regarding the "-src" bit; the pkgtools reverse
the long package name then count the dashes backwards, so that dash
before "src" makes the version "src" and the package name
"golly--2.4". which brings us to the second issue - you are setting
VERSION=-2.4 and then running makepkg with "$PRGNAM-$VERSION" -
meaning you have two dashes.